In order for us to provide the best possible service to you, and for our respective commitments and responsibilities to each other at the point of sale, we kindly request that you carefully read the following.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.designicons.co.uk is a website operated by design icons ltd (“we”, “our”, “us”). We are registered in the U.K. under company number 05251816. Our registered office is at Barclays Bank Chambers, Bridge Street, Stratford-Upon-Avon, CV37 6AH. Our VAT number is GB857808478.
1. All prices are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate unless noted otherwise.
2. Your order constitutes an offer by to purchase the goods from us in the accordance with these terms. You are responsible for ensuring that the contents of your order are complete and accurate. Your order shall only be deemed to be accepted by us when we have provided you with a written acceptance of your order by email at which point the contract between us shall come into existence.
2a. For distance sales where you have not visited the store, you have the legal right to cancel your order within 7 days of receiving your goods. Regrettably, items cannot be returned once assembly is part or fully completed, unless the item is deemed faulty. The goods must be returned in their original condition and packaging to our warehouse at your own cost.
If required we can arrange for our delivery team to collect the items from you and can provide a quotation upon request. Upon inspection at our warehouse we will arrange a refund minus any collection charges. Our sales team will be happy to clarify the arrangements if you have any queries. This policy does not apply to faulty or damaged goods which are described below.
3. Please note if your items are being made to order, are customised, or are a factory order, we cannot accept cancellations or returns, only in the instance that the item(s) are damaged or faulty.
4. All our furniture for UK delivery meets current UK fire safety regulations.
All credit/debit card payments are processed through either Sagepay or Paypal who utilise a SSL security system.
You must pay for the products and any delivery charges in advance of delivery of the products. By submitting an order through our site you are confirming that the payment details provided on your order are valid and correct.
All orders for Products are subject to the availability of those Products and the materials for making the Products. We will inform you as soon as possible after receiving your order if, for any reason, the Products you have ordered are not available or are subject to any delay.
If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example, because the manufacturer is out of stock or because of an error in the price we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Product we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
IMAGES AND SIZING OF PRODUCTS
The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer will display the colours accurately or reflect the colour of the Products. The Products that are delivered to you may vary slightly from those images.
Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, the measurements indicated including weights, dimensions and capacities shown on our site are approximate only.
PRICES OF PRODUCTS
The price of any Product will be as quoted on our site, except in cases of obvious error.
The price of any Product may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order we have accepted.
The price of a Product includes VAT (where it applies) but excludes any delivery costs, which where applicable will be added to the price of the Products and set out as part of the total amount due during the order process. To see the relevant delivery charges for a product, please refer to our Delivery page.
Due to the large number of Products on our site, it is always possible that some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced, despite our reasonable efforts. We will normally verify prices as part of our order-handling procedure so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If the Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of the rejection.
We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an order acceptance, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
5. The majority of our furniture is manufactured in Italy and is prepared for each order individually.
6. Whilst we do try to accommodate deliveries on a day which is convenient for you our delivery teams are not in every post code area every day so your delivery will be arranged according to which day our vehicle is in your area. Please advise us should you require further details or have any specific delivery needs. Deliveries are made Monday to Friday. You will be allocated an AM or PM delivery slot and the delivery team will call you en-route to give you an estimated time of arrival if requested. In the event that you are not present or available to receive your goods during the agreed time slot, or cancel the delivery once the goods are out for delivery, a delivery charge will be made to deliver your order to you at another time.
7. The delivery date and time slot given is approximate and may change due to circumstance beyond our control. If your order is delayed we will endeavour.
to inform you as soon as possible, however, we are unable to accept liability for consequential losses as a result. We are not responsible for delays due
to raw materials shortages etc. from our suppliers.
8. It is your responsibility to check that the furniture you have purchased can be delivered to your property. We recommend that you measure the entrance, the route by which the item will enter the property and the space that it will occupy. In the event that your order cannot be delivered due to access problems then we will charge for storage and re-delivery as necessary. In the event that goods have been made to order and they cannot be delivered for this reason we cannot offer a refund so please check your measurements carefully. It is your responsibility to inform us of any difficulties that may be encountered when delivering to your property and this must be documented on the sales form. We will, whenever possible deliver to the room of your choice, but the Company is only responsible for delivery to your building door at street level.
9. If the customer fails to collect or accept delivery of the goods within 2 weeks of notification of availability, or if for any reason you cannot accept the delivery on the date agreed we will charge storage at a cost of £6 per cubic metre per week, with a minimum of 1 cubic metre and no partial amounts.
10. Please check that your items are delivered and assembled correctly and your order is complete. Any claim regarding shortages, damaged or defective goods must be clearly stated on the proof of delivery notification form. Please ensure you thoroughly inspect your furniture before you sign the proof of delivery, as we are unable to accept claims after our assemblers have left the delivery address.
11. If you have selected the option to collect directly from the store we will contact you as soon as your order has arrived in store and we kindly request that you collect it within 7 days. After this, due to restricted storage space, it may be necessary to return your item to our warehouse. A delivery charge will be made to deliver your order to you or the store at another time and storage charges will apply as noted above.
12. Please notify the store the day before you propose to collect your order to ensure we have your order ready for you.
13. When collecting your order from the store please check that the goods are in satisfactory condition and that the order is complete. Once the goods have
left our premises we are unable to accept any liability for damages and the transportation and assembly of these products.
14. We guarantee the goods for 12 months. Please note this guarantee does not affect your statutory rights. This guarantee does not cover any defect, fault or damage which arises through general wear and tear or misuse (misuse includes any failure to care for the goods in accordance with any care advice which we give to you). Additionally, the guarantee does not cover defects which are brought to your attention before you agree to purchase the goods, and which are noted on the sales invoice, for example clearance goods. Notification of defects needs to be made on receipt of the goods.
15. Provided the defect is covered by our guarantee, the goods will be either:
a) Partially or fully replaced or
b) Repaired by us or
c) In the case of non-critical issues a price refund may be offered to settle the claim
16. We reserve the right to uplift the goods, refund any monies due and consider the order cancelled.
17. If you have any enquires prior to receipt of your order or after delivery, please contact us on 0845 241 3500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.