Retail Terms and Conditions
In order for us to provide the best possible service to you, and for our respective commitments and responsibilities to each other at the point of sale, we kindly
request that you carefully read the following before signing this agreement.
1. All prices are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate unless noted otherwise.
2. At the time we accept your order you will be required to pay a minimum deposit of 50% of the full order value. Any remaining balances must be paid and
cleared before delivery can be organised. The balance must be paid within 7 days of our notice informing you that we are holding the goods ready for
delivery. Goods remain the property of the Company until paid for in full.
3. Payment can be made either by cheque, BACS, cash or card. Cheques should be made payable to Design Icons Limited. Please note that goods will not
be delivered until cheque payments have cleared.
4. For distance sales where you have not visited the store, you have the legal right to cancel your order within 7 days of receiving your goods. Regrettably,
items cannot be returned once assembly is part or fully completed, unless the item is deemed faulty by the manufacturer. The goods must be returned in their original
condition and packaging to our warehouse at your own cost. If required we can arrange for our delivery team to collect the items from you and can
provide a quotation upon request. Upon inspection at our warehouse we will arrange a refund minus any collection charges. Our sales team will be
happy to clarify the arrangements if you have any queries. This policy does not apply to faulty or damaged goods which are described below.
5. For in-store orders any amendments or cancellation requests made after the date of order will be at the discretion of the Company. Provided the item has
not been shipped, we will normally refund all monies paid if an order is cancelled within 72 hours from the time of order. Unfortunately, cancellations after
this time will be subject to a 30% charge of the full order value. Additionally, cancellation of an order after the goods have been received into our
warehouse will be subject to a 50% charge of the full order value. Please note that if your items are being made to order, are customised, or are a factory
order, we cannot accept cancellations or returns, only in the instance that the item(s) are confirmed damaged or faulty by Calligaris.
6. Items that are described as Clearance or Ex-display are sold on an “as seen” basis and are neither returnable or refundable.
7. All our furniture for UK delivery meets current UK fire safety regulations.
8. The majority of our furniture is manufactured in Italy and is prepared for each order individually.
9. Whilst we do try to accommodate deliveries on a day which is convenient for you our delivery teams are not in every post code area every day so your
delivery will be arranged according to which day our vehicle is in your area. Please advise us should you require further details or have any specific
delivery needs. Deliveries are made Monday to Friday. You will be allocated an AM or PM delivery slot and the delivery team will call you en-route to give
you an estimated time of arrival if requested. In the event that you are not present or available to receive your goods during the agreed time slot, or
cancel the delivery once the goods are out for delivery, a delivery charge will be made to deliver your order to you at another time.
10. The delivery date and time slot given is approximate and may change due to circumstance beyond our control. If your order is delayed we will endeavor
to inform you as soon as possible, however, we are unable to accept liability for consequential losses as a result. We are not responsible for delays due
to raw materials shortages etc. from our suppliers.
11. It is your responsibility to check that the furniture you have purchased can be delivered to your property. We recommend that you measure the entrance,
the route by which the item will enter the property and the space that it will occupy. In the event that your order cannot be delivered due to access
problems then we will charge for storage and re-delivery as necessary. In the event that goods have been made to order and they cannot be delivered
for this reason we cannot offer a refund so please check your measurements carefully. It is your responsibility to inform us of any difficulties that may be
encountered when delivering to your property and this must be documented on the sales form. We will, whenever possible deliver to the room of your
choice, but the Company is only responsible for delivery to your building door at street level.
12. If the customer fails to collect or accept delivery of the goods within 2 weeks of notification of availability, or if for any reason you cannot accept the
delivery on the date agreed we will charge storage at a cost of £6 per cubic metre per week, with a minimum of 1 cubic metre and no partial amounts.
13. Please check that your items are delivered and assembled correctly and your order is complete. Any claim regarding shortages, damaged or defective
goods must be clearly stated on the proof of delivery notification form. Please ensure you thoroughly inspect your furniture before you sign the proof of
delivery, as we are unable to accept claims after our assemblers have left the delivery address.
14. Your sales consultant may give you the option to collect small items directly from the store. If this is the case, once your order has arrived in store please
collect it within 7 days. After this, due to restricted storage space, it may be necessary to return your item to our warehouse. A delivery charge will be
made to deliver your order to you or the store at another time and storage charges will apply as noted in item 13 above.
15. Please notify the store the day before you propose to collect your order to ensure we have your order ready for you.
16. When collecting your order from the store please check that the goods are in satisfactory condition and that the order is complete. Once the goods have
left our premises we are unable to accept any liability for damages and the transportation and assembly of these products.
17. We guarantee the goods for 12 months. Please note this guarantee does not affect your statutory rights. This guarantee does not cover any defect, fault
or damage which arises through general wear and tear or misuse (misuse includes any failure to care for the goods in accordance with any care advice
which we give to you). Additionally, the guarantee does not cover defects which are brought to your attention before you agree to purchase the goods,
and which are noted on the sales invoice, for example clearance goods. Notification of defects needs to be made on receipt of the goods.
18. Provided the defect is covered by our guarantee, the goods will be either:
a) Partially or fully replaced or
b) Repaired by us or
c) In the case of non-critical issues a price refund may be offered to settle the claim
19. We reserve the right to uplift the goods, refund any monies due and consider the order cancelled.
20. If you have any enquires prior to receipt of your order or after delivery; please contact the Design Consultant with whom you placed your order on 0161
839 6304 or e-mail email@example.com